VISITING FELLOW IN DERMATOLOGIC LASER SURGERY
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine
Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital
The Ramathibodi Skin Laser Center provides consultations and treatments for different surgical and cosmetic dermatologic procedures ranging from chemical peels, Botulinum toxin and skin filler injections, sclerotherapy to laser and light treatments. During the course you will experience use of various lasers; including: CO2, pulsed dye laser, Q-switched Nd:YAG, long pulsed Nd:YAG laser, ablative laser resufacing, fractional ablative and non ablative resurfacing, intense pulse light systems and radiofrequency treatments for various skin conditions both cosmetic and non-cosmetic, pigmented and vascular lesions, and rejuvenation. Other dermatologic surgical procedures including skin biopsy, excisions, Mohs micrographic surgery, skin grafts, acne scar surgery, subcision and nail surgery will also be examined in the course.
- A dermatologist with basic knowledge of dermatologic conditions and skin diseases; who have at least 10 months of training in general dermatology from accredited institutions.
- Communicative level of English (for non-native speaker).
3. Opening for Application
- 2 – 4 participants/period
- Applicants may download Application form
- Applicants must submit complete application documents firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 MONTHS before starting date.
- Training program is open on the first day of every month except APRIL.
4. Documents needed
- Completed application form with attached photo (recent passport-sized photo)
- Two letters of recommendation/endorsement from your medical school/working institution
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of dermatological certificate/graduate diploma
- Evidence of English Proficiency Score (for non-native speaker)
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Evidence of health/medical insurance (in case of having been accepted)
5. Tuition fee
- Thai physician = 45,000 THB
- International participants = 2,000 USD per month / 1,200 USD for two weeks
Payment method: by electronic transfer to the bank account (detail is in the application form). A copy of payment evidence must be scanned and sent to email@example.com
6. Submission of application
- Scanned complete application documents are required to be sent by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance and the original must be followed by post to the Division of Dermatology.
Failure to submit all required documentation in Number 4 may lead to delays in processing, and, in some cases, postponement or cancellation of the prospective training program.
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine
Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University
270 Rama VI Road, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400 THAILAND
Course Objective : Fellow in dermatological surgery
This course is designed to develop knowledge and basic skills in Dermatologic Laser Surgery and **Cosmetic Dermatology for the qualified dermatologists and general practitioners.
This course is for dermatologists who have at least 10 months of training in general dermatology from accredited institutions.
Course duration: 2 week, 1 month
Credentials : upon completion of the course the trainees will be eligible for “Certificate in Dermatologic Laser Surgery” from Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University
Course Description :
The Ramathibodi International Training Center for Cutaneous Laser Therapy is a modern well-equipped service and training center for Dermatologic Surgery and Dermatologic Laser Surgery.
The Philosophy of learning at Ramathibodi is "ACTIVE LEARNING"
learning consists of five steps:
1 Theoretical self study/discussion group
3 Hand-on fruit
4 Surgical assistant
5 Hands-on under supervision ( See below )
When trainees have acquired enough surgical laser skills, they may be allowed to perform treatment under supervision of consultants. However due to current ethical consideration and lawsuit liability, the decision to allow trainees to perform operation on real patients depends absolutely on individual judgment of the consultant on duty.
The Ramathibodi Dermatologic Laser Surgery Program is composed of three parts:
Part 1. Theories and recent knowledge in Laser/Intense pulsed light and Cosmetic dermatology.
Part 2. Live demonstrations
· rotations for observation with assigned consultants performing various laser and cosmetic procedures at Ramathibodi Skin Laser Center
· Trainees will also have the opportunity to attend with consultants in their exclusive private clinics and /or affiliated hospitals.
Part 3. Practice
· assistant to consultant dermatologic surgeons and performing operations under supervision of consultant dermatologic surgeons
Topic and practical sessions during the course :
Topics and practical sessions during the course: During the course you will experience use of various lasers; including: CO2, pulsed dye laser, Q-switched Alexandrite/ Nd:YAG, long pulsed Nd:YAG laser, ablative laser resurfacing, fractional ablative and non ablative resurfacing, intense pulse light systems, ultrasound and various radiofrequency treatments for various skin conditions both cosmetic and non-cosmetic, pigmented and vascular lesions, skin rejuvenation and tightening. Other dermatologic surgical procedures including skin biopsy, excisions, Mohs micrographic surgery, skin grafts, acne scar surgery, subcision , hair surgery / hair transplantation, nail surgery and vitiligo surgery may also be examined during the course.