Mission of the Residency in Emergency Medicine Program
For a diploma to certify the expertise in the
practice of Emergency Medicine
Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University
- Produce graduates of emergency medicine that are smart, good and happy.
- Create a residency diploma training course to certify the expertise in the practice of emergency medicine with the standard of being the model of the country in producing graduates of emergency medicine.
- Manage teaching and learning effectively to achieve the expected goals.
- Manage resources to support learning effectively to achieve the expected goal where the students, teachers and supporters are happy and safe.
- Integrate and develop high quality equipment to continuously improve the curriculum.
Program learning outcome : PLO
Competency/ Outcome based learning
1. Patient Care
- Have good knowledge and skills in the evaluation and treatment for emergency patients in the emergency room, can provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, as well as stabilization maintenance and appropriate reassessment.
- Have the skills to evaluate and examine emergency and urgency patients accurately and can plan treatment appropriately.
- Have the skills to select and send samples or patients to appropriate laboratory and radiological diagnosis.
- Have the skills in medical procedure to evaluate and treat patients according to primary assessment.
- Have the skills in general emergency medical procedure with appropriate indications for patients.
- Have good skills in treating emergency patients outside the hospital where there is limited resources along with care during patient’s transfer.
2. Medical Knowledge
- Understand the basic medical science of the human body and mind that relates to emergency medicine correctly.
- Have the knowledge and clinical expertise in diseases and emergencies in all disciplines.
- Have the necessary specific knowledge relevant in the field of emergency medicine.
3. Practice-based Learning and Improvement
- Have the ability and skills in research work
- Have the skills to search, analyze, criticize and report empirical evidence.
- Have the ability to self-learn and enhance experience through practice.
4. Interpersonal, Communication and Leadership Skills
- Have the ability and skills to communicate and work well with multidisciplinary.
- Have the skills in teaching to transfer the acquired knowledge to other people.
- Have leadership skills in the rescuers team, can solve problems instantly and manage emergency situations, accidents, disasters and various situations appropriately.
- Have morality, ethics, compassion, integrity and respect for others.
- Respect dignity and human values.
- Have public consciousness, always care about the public interest.
6. System-based Practice
- Able to design or develop the emergency care system and processes design and improvement based on the understanding of quality assurance.
- Have the knowledge and understanding in emergency medical service system and other related health systems.